Latest News


Good health is not just about looking good on the outside - it's also about what's happening on the inside.

Do you know how healthy you REALLY are? VLA Quadscan not only safely and accurately measures your muscle mass, fat mass and hydration, but also gives you a snapshot into your cellular health, and how your cells are functioning. Most body composition testing methods do not give you this much insight.

For the next week, you can have this fantastic test at 50% off - a great offer and a way to establish a health baseline before the silly season gets into full swing!

T&C's apply
... See MoreSee Less

Good health is not just about looking good on the outside - its also about whats happening on the inside.

Do you know how healthy you REALLY are?  VLA Quadscan not only safely and accurately measures your muscle mass, fat mass and hydration, but also gives you a snapshot into your cellular health, and how your cells are functioning.  Most body composition testing methods do not give you this much insight.  

For the next week, you can have this fantastic test at 50% off - a great offer and a way to establish a health baseline before the silly season gets into full swing!

T&Cs apply

1 day ago

Zest Natural Therapies - Linda Back, Naturopath

If you live in Brisbane (or are prepared to drive) and suffer from any of these conditions, consider contacting Metagenics about this opportunity to receive free naturopathic treatment from some of the country’s top practitioners.Metagenics Research Clinic is currently seeking participants with chronic pain or an inflammatory condition for a Natural Medicine clinic program commencing in February 2019* • Arthritis • Chronic Back Pain • Fibromyalgia • Rheumatoid arthritis • Inflammatory bowel disease • Psoriatic arthritis We would like to hear from you! The clinic is aimed at utilising Natural Medicines to support people with pain and inflammatory conditions with or without current pharmaceutical management. If you are interested in Naturopathic advice and products AT NO COST, please contact techadmin@metagenics.com.au by January 11th 2019. *Participants must be able to attend fortnightly appointments within business hours in Brisbane or Melbourne. ... See MoreSee Less

If you live in Brisbane (or are prepared to drive) and suffer from any of these conditions, consider contacting Metagenics about this opportunity to receive free naturopathic treatment from some of the country’s top practitioners.

 

Comment on Facebook

Oh that is me and my back. Got it under control now with an nrf2 activator.

If you are a member of a health fund, you have probably received an email like this, notifying you of the removal of health fund cover for certain natural therapies, including naturopathy and herbal medicine. I got mine today - luckily for me I don’t happen to need to see a naturopath!

The part that really has gotten up my nose about this whole thing is how it has been made out that there is no evidence of any benefit for these therapies, insinuating that they are useless. Nothing could be further from the truth - in fact, the ‘review’ that is mentioned in this letter was specifically designed ONLY to look at one aspect of our services - the consultation itself. ALL other things - such as using evidence-based herbal medicines in therapeutic doses, identifying and addressing nutrient deficiencies, restoring gut health, improving diet, helping patients create healthier lifestyle habits, weight-loss guidance - all of these that are the very things that make the difference people’s lives were specifically EXCLUDED from the review. Was the person in charge a magician? Because whoever they are, they have managed to pull one big rabbit out of their hat.

The main issue that concerns me with this move is that there is a very real safety concern - health fund registration up until now has been one of the ways in which you could tell the difference between a practitioner who has done the hard yards to become qualified - often to degree standard (3 or 4 years of study) - and one who has done a weekend online course. In Australia, anyone can call themselves a naturopath, nutritionist or herbalist - they don’t have to have completed a minimal standard of education, which leaves people vulnerable to shonks who have no idea what they are doing (and this is particularly important for people with chronic health conditions, the elderly, children, pregnant women, and those on medications).

The fact is, what I do in the clinic works. I would estimate that 90% of my patients experience significant (and often remarkable) improvement in their health within a short period of time - and these people have usually been to doctors and/or specialists before they have come to see me. Of the remaining 10% - 5% simply take a bit longer than anticipated to see improvement, and the remaining 5% choose not to go further with their treatment, or aren’t quite ready to do what is needed (which is fine). Because the patients I work with put in the work themselves - by taking control of their health and working proactively - these people are able to reduce their need for orthodox health services. Which means that in the long run, in a society where chronic disease is only getting worse, this move is going to well and truly backfire.
... See MoreSee Less

If you are a member of a health fund, you have probably received an email like this, notifying you of the removal of health fund cover for certain natural therapies, including naturopathy and herbal medicine.  I got mine today - luckily for me I don’t happen to need to see a naturopath!

The part that really has gotten up my nose about this whole thing is how it has been made out that there is no evidence of any benefit for these therapies, insinuating that they are useless.  Nothing could be further from the truth - in fact, the  ‘review’ that is mentioned in this letter was specifically designed ONLY to look at one aspect of our services - the consultation itself.  ALL other things - such as using evidence-based herbal medicines in therapeutic doses, identifying and addressing nutrient deficiencies, restoring gut health, improving diet, helping patients create healthier lifestyle habits, weight-loss guidance - all of these that are  the very things that make the difference people’s lives were specifically EXCLUDED from the review.  Was the person in charge a magician?  Because whoever they are, they have managed to pull one big rabbit out of their hat.  

The main issue that concerns me with this move is that there is a very real safety concern - health fund registration up until now has been one of the ways in which you could tell the difference between a practitioner who has done the hard yards to become qualified - often to degree standard (3 or 4 years of study) - and one who has done a weekend online course.  In Australia, anyone can call themselves a naturopath, nutritionist or herbalist - they don’t have to have completed a minimal standard of education, which leaves people vulnerable to shonks who have no idea what they are doing (and this is particularly important for people with chronic health conditions, the elderly, children, pregnant women, and those on medications).

The fact is, what I do in the clinic works.  I would estimate that 90% of my patients experience significant (and often remarkable) improvement in their health within a short period of time - and these people have usually been to doctors and/or specialists before they have come to see me.  Of the remaining 10% - 5% simply take a bit longer than anticipated to see improvement, and the remaining 5% choose not to go further with their treatment, or aren’t quite ready to do what is needed (which is fine).  Because the patients I work with put in the work themselves - by taking control of their health and working proactively - these people are able to reduce their need for orthodox health services.  Which means that in the long run, in a society where chronic disease is only getting worse, this move is going to well and truly backfire.

 

Comment on Facebook

It’s a disgrace

Well said

I cant believe this letter has been circulated. They fail to mention the review is subject to a senate enquiry due to its highly flawed, cherry picking of the evidence nature.

Kacey Gerovich can you believe this rubbish? Natalie McGrath Leonie Henderson

Zest Natural Therapies - Linda Back, Naturopath I went to a NHAA meeting about this last night. It was discussed that we all need to prepare and lodge a submission with the government, not sit back on our hands. It was also specified that we need to address each and every point of this proposal within our submission. good luck

So well said Linda, I’m going to share.

+ View more comments

3 days ago

Zest Natural Therapies - Linda Back, Naturopath

Sprung! At ‘Cliffo’ (as my teenagers call it) 😁Linda is a naturopath and her tips for a healthy Christmas 🎄 are 1 stay hydrated 2 replace chips & crackers with vegie sticks 3 BBQ's and lots of salad ... See MoreSee Less

Sprung!  At ‘Cliffo’ (as my teenagers call it) 😁

 

Comment on Facebook

Gorgeous 💞💖

Load more