Staying Vital Into Your Older Years
According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, 1 in 7 people were aged 65 years or older in 2017. Our life expectancy is greater than ever, but we may not get to enjoy our later years due to illness or chronic conditions.
Many factors can influence how well we age, and how much enjoyment we are able to get out of life due to our health.
Linda is passionate about helping older people get well and stay well, for as long as possible, as well as helping to keep the need for pharmaceutical medications as minimal as possible.
How Can Natural Medicine Support Healthier Ageing?
Linda regularly sees older patients, and loves seeing the improvements in health that can be made at any age. A naturopathic care plan focuses on:
- Taking a preventative approach to wellness, and reducing disease risk (including where you have a family history of a particular condition)
- Addressing known risk factors that contribute to ill health such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure and being overweight
- Nutritional and lifestyle advice, including the best foods to eat for healthy ageing and guidance to the most appropriate and effective nutritional supplements.
- Natural relief of conditions such as arthritis, digestive discomfort and fatigue.
- Minimising the need for pharmaceutical medications, and reducing side effects from medications. Linda will not take you off your medications, however she does regularly work with people who are motivated to address the underlying factors that are contributing to the need for medications, and many patients (depending on their case) have been able to successfully reduce or eliminate their need for their pharmaceuticals with her support.
Your Safety And Natural Medicines
As it is common for older people to use pharmaceutical medications on a daily basis, it is of the utmost importance that any natural medicines do not interfere with, or contribute to adverse effects from, these medications.
Linda uses the industry-standard pharmaceutical database 'eMIMS' as well as the most up-to-date herb/drug/nutrient interactions checking programs to ensure that your natural support is going to be safe to use alongside your medications or condition.