Food As Medicine
The link between what we put in our mouths and our health is becoming increasingly apparent. However, at the same time, nutrition in the 21st Century has become incredibly confusing. There are many different points of view, fad diets and opinions on what we 'should' be eating - which can make sifting fact from fiction difficult. This is where seeing a practitioner can be invaluable.
Linda is a fully qualified clinical nutritionist as well as a naturopath - meaning that you get the best of both worlds, and this minimizes the need to see multiple practitioners. Nutritional support can be effectively combined with herbal medicines to help provide you with the ultimate in high-quality, personalized natural healthcare.
Clinical nutrition recognizes the value of using conscious food choices as an effective way to improve many health conditions. The foods that you eat, as well as how you absorb and utilize them, play a pivotal role in how you feel, and the level of health you experience.
Linda's approach is to go back to basics, and work with a real-food approach, without the fads or the latest 'craze'. Linda realises that life doesn't always go exactly to plan, and working with a clinical nutritionist doesn't mean that you need to miss out on your favourite foods or avoid social situations. Linda's recommendations are based around the enjoyment of food, as well as sound nutrition principles, and a sensible approach that fits in with your lifestyle.
A Clinical Nutritionist Can Help You With:
- Eating for more energy
- Tips for helping reduce inflammation & pain
- The right foods to help improve gut health and reduce the symptoms of gut discomfort
- Easy, sustainable weight loss
- Food intolerances such as gluten- or dairy-free
- Low-carbohydrate/ketogenic ('keto') diet
- FODMAP diet for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Low histamine diet
- Children's dietary issues, including fussy eating
- Healthy ageing & disease prevention
- Supplement guidance - get the right advice so you aren't wasting money on unnecessary supplements
- Diabetes, pre-diabetes/metabolic syndrome (including taking a preventative approach if you are at risk) and insulin resistance
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFL)
- Healthy cholesterol & blood pressure
- Eating for optimal mental health
- Certain disorders such as hormonal imbalances and autoimmune conditions
- Vegetarian/vegan dietary guidance
Optional Meal Planning: Good Food, Made Easy
Linda offers a custom meal planning service - designed especially with your unique needs in mind. A meal plan provides you with the knowledge that your diet is nutritionally balanced, and gives you a time-saving way of sorting your main meals and snacks on a weekly basis. You receive recipes and a shopping list to make eating well super-easy. Meal plans are available as a stand-alone service, or as an optional part of your naturopathic care.
Detailed Nutritional Analysis
As a nutritionist, Linda can help you enhance your understanding of your daily nutrient needs, your individual macro ratios, improve accountability and overcome obstacles that may be impacting your health. Via a free tracking app that effortlessly connects with Linda's professional nutritional analysis software, Linda can provide you with a detailed summary of your weekly or monthly food intake, and suggest personalized changes where needed.