It’s no fun getting sick – and in this day and age with antibiotic resistance and new infections becoming increasingly concerning, many people turn to natural medicine to support optimal health and immune resilience.
I Regularly Work With The Following:
- Viral, bacterial, or fungal infections – management and/or taking a preventative approach.
- Low immunity or a tendency to come down with infections quite frequently. Often people may find that they feel like they ‘never quite get over’ one infection before another arrives.
- Respiratory support for people who tend to get ‘chesty’, suffer asthma or experience chronic cough.
- ‘Tummy bugs’, gastro, SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) or parasites. I have options for both acute illnesses and longer-term issues (‘I’ve never felt well in the tummy since….’)
- Chronic infections such as Ross River Fever, chronic sinusitis, lung infections, tonsillitis etc.
- Children’s immunity. Keeping kids healthier and minimizing sick days off school or daycare where possible.
- Urinary tract infections/UTI’s. These can be extremely distressing, have a tendency to recur and often become resistant to conventional treatment. There may be hormonal involvement as well, and I take this into account when working with UTI’s such as cystitis.
- Vaginal conditions such as bacterial vaginosis or thrush (candida), which can cause unpleasant discharge and/or odour. These can not only be uncomfortable but cause stress and embarrassment to the sufferer.
- Skin conditions related to immunity, such as warts or mouth ulcers.
- Travel preparation to help you reduce the risk of becoming unwell during your trip, so you can get the most out of your travel plans.
- Rebuilding energy and vitality following an infection, illness or surgery.
What Does Naturopathic Immune System Support Involve?
If you suffer from a depleted immune system, or just want some targeted support, I will first take a detailed history of your condition, as well as assessing for factors that may have played a role in the development and progression of your symptoms.
The goal of naturopathic treatment is to strengthen the body’s own natural ability to ward off infections, whilst minimizing any inflammation and discomfort.
My focus involves:
- Improving gut health (70% of the immune system is located in the gut, and a disruption of the gut bacteria has been established as a contributing factor to poor immune response). This provides a foundation for healthy immune function, absorption of nutrients and overall wellbeing.
- Addressing and managing lifestyle factors such as stress levels, which can lower the ability of the immune system to respond to bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
- Screening for potential nutrient deficiencies that may be contributing to poor immunity and increasing dietary intake and/or using Practitioner-strength supplementation in therapeutic dosages where indicated.
- Carefully selected Practitioner-strength herbal medicines to suit each particular case, such as herbs that may possess anti-viral, anti-bacterial, immune boosting or anti-inflammatory properties.
For Further Information…
You might be interested in these articles on the blog: