Our Toxic World
Toxins are unavoidable in this day and age, and there is emerging evidence that our high chemical exposure is contributing to many of the chronic diseases we are experiencing today, including infertility, diabetes, impaired thyroid function and the development of some cancers. Making sure that your body’s natural protective mechanisms are functioning correctly is one of the most important things you can do for your health.
Linda’s detoxification programs are designed to work with the body, to both minimise toxin exposure from the outside, and protect and facilitate proper elimination from the inside, via the natural pathways of liver, gut and kidneys.
Common Symptoms of Poor Toxin Clearance
- Gut upsets such as bloating, constipation and/or diarrhea
- Low moods
- Difficulty losing weight
- Low sex drive
- Difficulty getting to sleep and/or staying asleep
- Poor concentration, 'brain fog'
- Hormonal imbalances including PMS, period pain and fertility difficulties
- Generally feeling 'off' or unwell for no particular reason
What Does Naturopathic Detox Support Involve?
Because naturopathic treatments are aimed at supporting the body's own ability to cleanse and heal, a naturopathic detox is noticeably different from many of the common over-the-counter or online detox programs. Linda uses methods that are based on scientific principles of how the detoxification systems work in the body, as well as the most up-to-date research on how our current lifestyle and chemical exposures are impacting these systems.
Linda will first assess factors that may be contributing to your overall toxic load - such as your occupation, the types of foods you eat on a regular basis, and symptoms that might indicate a lowered detoxification capacity. Linda is then able to recommend a personalised detoxification plan that takes these factors into account, and that fits into your life without being restrictive or overwhelming.
Your plan may include:
- Real food ideas to help provide nutrients that are necessary for the liver detoxification pathways. If your liver is not able to eliminate wastes at the proper rate, this function can become sluggish and result in a 'backlog' of toxins building up in your system.
- Ensuring the kidneys are able to clear any water-soluble toxins through your urine, and supporting this process.
- Boosting gut health to improve toxin clearance from the gut. If your gut health is not in great shape, this can mean that although your liver may be working well to package your toxins up for removal through the gut, they may be reabsorbed back into the bloodstream instead of being eliminated through your bowel movements.
- Scientifically and clinically researched herbal medicines and nutraceuticals to make sure all steps of the detoxification process are functioning optimally.
What Are The Benefits?
A practitioner-guided detox program is the quickest way to get you on your way to better health, in a way that works with your body. The majority of people who participate in Linda's detoxification Programs report:
- better quality sleep
- sustained energy
- better moods
- clearer skin
- a milder, more pleasant menstrual cycle with less pain and PMS
- quite often, weight loss is a pleasant bonus!