There's nothing like a fresh homemade pesto. This recipe uses simple ingredients, and the result is a delicious, nourishing and versatile paste that you can use in a variety of different ways.
I've used a Thermomix for this recipe, however you could easily use a good-quality food processor to chop & mix the ingredients.
40g Parmesan cheese
1-2 Garlic Cloves
1 cup raw macadamia nuts
1 bunch coriander, stalks removed
1 handful baby spinach leaves
100ml cold-pressed macadamia oil
1) Place parmesan & garlic in TM mixing bowl, grate 10 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl.
2) Add macadamias, coriander and spinach, chop 10 sec/speed 6, or until smooth. Scrape down sides of bowl.
3) With blades rotating on speed 4, slowly drizzle oil through hole in lid, until mixed.
Will keep in fridge for around 1 week.
- Flavouring a salad (toss through the salad - I've found this especially good for packed lunches my husband takes to work, as it doesn’t make the salad soggy like normal dressings)
- As a sandwich spread
- Spread on crackers, or used as a dip for crudités - try with carrot sticks or slices of capsicum
- Toss through pasta
- Spread on homemade pizza bases instead of/in addition to tomato paste