Chocolate - everybody's favourite!
Here's a homemade version that is quick and easy. You can add different variations to the mixture, such as chopped glace ginger, nuts, seeds or rice puffs.
- 500g jar of cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1 cup raw cacao (or ordinary cocoa if you prefer)
- 1 & 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- Approx 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup (to your taste)
- Melt the coconut oil if required, by standing the jar in a container of warm water (coconut oil solidifies in the cooler months, and turns liquid during summer).
- Place cacao, coconut and ginger/nuts/extras (if using) into a mixing bowl. Stir the melted coconut oil through until mixed thoroughly.
- Add honey/maple syrup to taste, and stir until well combined.
- Pour into a slice tray, and refrigerate for several hours, or until set. When firm, slice into small squares and store in container in the fridge.